WHAT DO WE WANT
We hope to achieve the following goals with the CI Users World Map:
- Showing how common hearing loss is in the modern world.
- Promoting hearing health.
- Helping cochlear implant users everywhere in the world to break geographical barriers and share the challenges they face, their experiences and successes.
- Making hearing rehabilitation through cochlear implant technology known and promoted by the largest number of people.
The joy of hearing once again thanks to a cochlear implant makes us wish to make our aural and personal dreams come true. CI Users World Map will help you to:
- Contacting other people with implants who may have the answers to your questions.
- Knowing new people who have life experiences similar to yours.
- Finding cochlear implant users when you are abroad (for making friends, improving your proficiency, asking for cool things to do, going out, having coffee, asking to borrow a piece of CI equipment…). Perhaps you may even wish to spend some time abroad and then have your friend spend some time in your country!
- Finding and getting to know other CI users in your city, state, or country!